Thursday, November 24, 2016

October Baby Shower!

Last month in October, we had our gender reveal baby shower! I was about 32 weeks then. Today on Thanksgiving Day 2016, I am 39 weeks exactly & still very pregnant! The belly has gotten very heavy & big! The hubby & I cannot wait to finally get to meet this kiddo!

I'm thankful for ...
... having made it to 39 weeks of pregnancy
... a healthy baby growing inside me
... a supportive hubby who wakes up any time of the night to help me with absolutely anything & everything
... such loving friends & family who helped make the baby shower happen!

Here's a few photos of the simple DIY/decorations we were able to come up with...

We went with a simple flower centerpiece made of baby's breathe & white carnations which my mother-in-law & aunt bought the morning of ...
... and my aunt arranged them in decorated mason jars with pastel pink & pastel blue burlap ribbons...
 Pink, Blue & White balloons...
 Some Hand-written Hand-drawn signage...
DIY mason jars used as cups for guests during the party & then to take home as party favors!
 
Because I had little energy to bake & decorate cakes/desserts, we went with simple store-bought cookies, cakes, pies, cheesecakes... & a family friend made pecan tarts & pecan cookies!
... and on the opposite food spectrum, are very healthy appetizers... cheese, grapes & hummus...etc...
& one of my favorite things... me & the hubby's baby photos! I wonder who the baby will look like!??! 

& if you are wondering... IT'S A BOY!!!

Praise God! & Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.