Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Dark Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cupcakes


SO, I've been on a bit of a baking kick lately. yea? 


I baked some more of these dark chocolate cupcakes, frosted with vanilla cream cheese frosting, topped with dark chocolate ganache & garnished with a dark chocolate-covered pretzel. (*takes breathe*) OMG! that's alot to say about a tiny-bitty cupcake...

Dark Chocolate-Covered Pretzel Cupcakes

Here's what I did:

1. Baked cupcakes.
2. Frosted cupcakes.
3. Ganached cupcakes.
4. Topped it off with some dark chocolate-covered pretzels I already had made.
5. EAT!


SOOO GOOD,

If you know me, nothing is better than dark chocolate, & as for cupcakes, this is the type I can eat alot of. I like the looks of colorful & fancy store-bought cupcakes, but these simple ones are the best in taste in my book. 

I did leave some of the cuppies exposed (white), just in case I fancied an alternative taste. But, as far as the photo is concerned, the "black & white" contrasting cupcakes make for a more interesting photo. 

The chocolate just really pops out at-cha!


 These were super easy to make and put together, and they look & taste great =)


To frost the cupcakes, I used an off-set spatula to spread the frosting. Then I let the frosting set in the fridge overnight (or can be done within an hour, as long as the frosting sets). Once the frosting had time to set, I dipped them in the dark chocolate ganache & added the pretzels,

NOTE: If you don't let the frosting set (get stiffer/chill/refrigerate) before you dip it in the ganache, you will lose the frosting in the bowl of ganache bc it will be too soft, and the ganache (which is warm) will soften the frosting more and weigh the frosting down into it,..

other than that,

EASY PEEEZZYYY!


Have a great week! & Happy VACATION!!!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.