Monday, June 22, 2015

Cactus Macaron Cupcakes

Summer-weather just keeps coming sooner&sooner here in So-cal. It's been in the 90's at times already & HOT AS HECK! Not complaining tho, I love SUMMER!

Speaking of desert weather, here's some macaron/cupcake hybrid I made recently, as in... I finished these 10 minutes ago & couldn't wait to actually upload them and post for uuu guys (and for me to reference back to, of course, in the future).

I am really loving the way they look grouped together, as if they were really potted plants. 


Makes me want to take a road trip and watch all the cactus along the way basking under the hot summer sun. 

I hope this inspires some of you.



CACTUS MACARON 
CUPCAKES

Here's what I did:

1. Baked macarons.

2. Painted them to look like cactus.

3, Bakes & Ganached the cupcakes.

4. Used crushed pretzels as "dirt."

5. Stuck the macarons onto the cupcakes using toothpick.

6. Take lots of photos.

(I finally got to use the old canon Rebel T1i for these shots, Old school, I know, I know, but it's the best camera & lens combo for what I need them for).


In case anyone is wondering if these actually taste good, YES YES YES!


Enjoy!

Ps. Reference my previous posts for macaron recipes, ganache recipes, frosting recipes and cupcake recipes.

<3 Laundry Cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.