I decided to try a new Cookies & Cream Cupcake recipe I found!
Here's how it turned out...
So a few weeks ago I saw a cookies cookbook from Khols for only $5.00. Of course, I bought it! Has so many recipes of cookies, and other treats with cookies in them... so many cookie recipes, and i decide to make a cupcake, lol...
Cookies & Cream Cupcakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 large egg whites
2 1/2 cups crushed chocolate cookies (ex. Oreos)
Vanilla Cream Frosting or...
Cream Cheese frosting (store-bought or home-made)
Here's my home-made cream cheese frosting:
1 brick (8 oz) 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
1/4 cup un-salted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Then, just add some more Oreo cookie crumb/chunks on top.
Directions for baking:
1. Preheat oven 350 F. Line cupcake pan with liners. This recipe makes 18 cupcakes.
2. combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, set aside.
3. combine butter, sugar, milk, vanilla until smooth. Add flour mixture.
4. Add egg whites, beat for 2 minutes.
5. Mix 1 1/2 cup of crushed chocolate cookies, save the rest for the topping.
6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Let cool.
7. Spread frosting on top of cooled cupcakes, and roll the tops in the rest of the cookie crumbs.